Friday, June 12, 2015

Lost Your Paper Treasury Bonds?

If you misplace your paper Series EE US Treasury Bonds, the Treasury can replace the bond with a substitute electronic version.

You can request this by completing and submitting Form PDF 1048 to the Treasury. Note that if you do not know the serial numbers of the missing bonds, you will have to provide the following information:

  • Specific month and year of purchase
  • Social Security Number
  • Names, including middle names or initials
  • Mailing address

DO NOT SIGN the form once you have filled in the required information. You must bring the completed form to a bank or other financial institution and obtain a medallion signature guarantee.

Once your signature has been guaranteed, mail the form to:

Treasury Retail Securities Site
PO Box 214
Minneapolis, MN 55480-0214

Once the Treasury electronically replaces your Series EE bonds, you can view direct information about them and make transactions by logging in to your account at

No comments:

Post a Comment